In this Copychat Show, conversion copywriter Sophia Dangon and I talk about persuading your audience with persuasion principles.
Sofi is a conversion copywriter and has worked with experts like Talia Wolf, Nikki Elbaz, and Joanna Wiebe of Copyhackers.
Sofi and I used to visit weekly in the early days of our copywriting career. We go back for several years.
I am delighted she came on the show to talk about the Persuasion Principle of likeability. We talk about how a company can use that in their business and copywriting.
Also, Tarzan Kay’s 80s quiz, copywriting basics and a bunch of other cool content stuff.
Here are some other things we talked about:
- Sofi reminded me of how often we used to chat.
- That copywriting is less about wordsmithing and more about research
- How conversion optimization is more like science
- Two types of conversion optimization
- What Sofi’s karaoke song is
- She gives us pointers on writing conversational copy
- Sofi talks about how we use persuasion in everyday life
- She talks about what it means to be likable for business
- Why she traded in CrossFit for kickboxing
- The importance of differentiation for being likable and persuasive
- The importance of customer service to remaining likable
- How surveys and interviews can go a long way to identifying your target market
Places you can find Sophia Dagnon
Co-Founder: UnMassmarket https://unmassmarket.com/
Articles on Principles of Persuasion
Principles of Persuasion: https://www.influenceatwork.com/principles-of-persuasion/
Article at GetUplfit – https://getuplift.co/7-persuasion-principles/